Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Rotary Blade Sharpner



Prior to becoming overpowered by the ‘power tool’ trance of the Innova Longarm and PantoVision I thought, honestly I did, that the oil industries, razor blades and politicians were the biggest rip offs to the consumer. I stand corrected…replacement blades for rotary cutters exceed all three. Well they did for a while until I started researching alternatives. Like my Grandmother use to say, Well lo and behold look at this!

                                                                                

If you have not been properly introduced may I present TrueSharp Power Rotary Blade Sharpener. I know it says TrueCut…but according to Amazon it is TrueSharp…if interested just go to Amazon and type in either…it will take you to the product…saw it also on walmart.com. It is a ‘power sharpener’ that will sharpen 28, 45 and 60 millimeter blades. Are we talking factory edge…absolutely not. Are we talking putting an edge back on a dull blade several times, so far we are experiencing at least four times the blade life. I don’t use mine as often as Elaine, but I haven’t put in a new blade and I’ve been using this blade for three months. On Amazon it is listed at $37.99…you do the math. There are like close to a hundred reviews…they averaged out to 4 out of 5 stars. I would give it 5 stars, but I take out my hearing aids when I’m working on a quilt, cutting, sewing, longarming whatever and wear a wireless headset and listen to classic rock. So I don’t hear the noise…and yes it is a little loud. But I’ll take the noise over the cost of new blades…on any given day. til  later…Les…quilt till you wilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment